Translation Practices Explained is a series of coursebooks designed to help self-learners and teachers of translation. Each volume focuses on a specific aspect of professional translation practice, in many cases corresponding to actual courses available in translator-training institutions. Special volumes are devoted to well consolidated professional areas, such as legal translation or European Union texts.
Each volume includes activities and exercises designed to help self-learners consolidate their knowledge; teachers may also find these useful for direct application in class, or alternatively as the basis for the design and preparation of their own material.
These books start from the recognition that professional translation practices require something more than elaborate abstraction or fixed methodologies. They are located close to work on authentic texts, and encourage learners to proceed inductively, solving problems as they arise from examples and case studies.
The main aim of this book is to introduce the reader to subtitling, one of the most thriving areas within the wider discipline of Translation Studies.
The book’s seven chapters offer a graded approach with exercises, discussion points and suggestions for research. The chapters in themselves and the book as a whole progress step-by-step, covering all major aspects of subtitling and the subtitling profession.
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- COURSE NOTES: THE ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM – CATHERINE EASTON
- CONTRACT FOR ENGINEERS: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, STANDARDS, AND ETHICS – ROBERT D. HUNTER
- 600 ESSENTIAL WORDS FOR THE TOEIC – LIN LOUGHEED
- EUROPEAN COMPARATIVE COMPANY LAW – MADS ANDENAS AND FRANK WOOLDRIDGE
- FOUNDATIONS OF LEGAL RESEARCH AND WRITING – CAROL M.BAST AND MARGIE HAWKINS
- THE PRINCIPLE OF LEGALITY IN INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW – KENNETH S.GALLANT
- PLAIN ENGLISH FOR LAWYERS – RICHARD C. WYDICK, AND AMY E.SLOAN
- Top 5 Gorgegous tourist attractions in Dong Nai
- Is There a Difference Between a Visa and a Green Card
- Top 5 destinations in Kien Giang
- Four Things Immigrants Need to Know When Facing Criminal Charges
- USCIS Updates Policy Guidance on Naturalization, Clarifies Finding of LPR Abandonment
- Top 8 rooftop pools in Ho Chi Minh
- CASE LAW NO.06/2016/AL ON THE CASE OF DISPUTE ON INHERITANCE
- CASE LAW NO.05/2016/AL ON THE CASE OF DISPUTE ON INHERITANCE
- CASE LAW NO.04/2016/AL ON THE CASE OF DISPUTE ON THE CONTRACT ON TRANSFER OF LAND USE RIGHTS