I and my husband is going to register for our marriage. Due to the long-distance, we cannot go back to our hometown to carry out this procedure. Can we authorize our relatives to apply for our marriage registration certificate? Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you for trusting the legal service of FDVN Law Firm (FDVN). Regarding your case, after studying the relevant legal documents, FDVN Law Firm offers the following advice:
The right to get married is one of the moral rights under Clause 1, Article 39 and Clause 1, Article 25 of Civil Code 2015: “Personal rights specified in this Code are civil rights inherent to each natural person that cannot be transferred to other persons, unless otherwise provided for by other laws.”
Besides, it is stipulated in Clause 1, Article 9 of Law on Marriage and Family 2014 that “A marriage shall be registered with a competent state agency in accordance with this Law and the law on civil status.”
And according to Clause 1, Article 2 of the Circular No.04/2020/TT-BTP: “An applicant for issuance of a copy of a civil status extract, issuance of a marital status certificate or registration of a vital event listed in Article 3 of the Law on Civil Status (hereinafter collectively referred to as “civil registration application”) may authorize another person to carry out such application; excluding marriage registration, marriage re-registration and recognition of the parent-child relationship, which may not be authorized but one party may submit an application to the competent civil registration authority without a written authorization from the other party.”
It can be understood that according to our current law provisions, marriage registration is one of the procedures that the requesters cannot authorize another one to carry out. Therefore, you have to register your marriage and apply for the marriage registration certificate at the competent authority.
We hope that our opinions are useful to you.
Legal advisor: Nguyen Thi Suong
FDVN Law Firm
- TEN THINGS: HOW TO MARKET THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT TO THE BUSINESS
- Is the company not granting capital contribution certificates to the members sanctioned?
- Is it against the law to spread malware on Facebook?
- Vietnam troops hunts for survivors after typhoon kills 31
- IS THERE ANY ACCRUAL OF SOCIAL INSURANCE FROM 1995 UP TO NOW?
- TEN THINGS: HOW TO DELEGATE – THE ESSENTIALS
- HOW TO REGISTER AN E-COMMERCE SERVICE PROVISION WEBSITE?
- Adat in Indonesian Land Law: A Promise for the Future or a Dead End?
- BEST FOOD IN DANANG CITY
- Is it legal for the commune police to stop a vehicle for punishment?
- TEN THINGS: LITIGATION FINANCING – A PRIMER FOR IN-HOUSE COUNSEL
- Eight Questions with Dao Nguyen
- TEN THINGS: SPOTTING, ANALYZING AND MANAGING “RISK”
- Shares increase on the rise of heavy-weight stocks
- PLACES TO SEE IN PLEIKU, GIA LAI PROVINCE
- DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR THE CONSTRUCTION PERMIT WHEN BUILDING A FENCE?