The language used in law is changing. Many lawyers are now adopting a plain English style. But there are still legal phrases that baffle non-lawyers.
This guide is intended to help in two ways:
• it should help non-lawyers understand legal phrases; and
• it should give lawyers ideas for explaining the legal phrases that they use.The explanations in this guide are not intended to be straight alternatives.
Although we hope the explanations will prompt lawyers to make sure they only use legal jargon where strictly necessary, our wording is there to explain ideas and concepts rather than to give strict legal definitions. The terms and explanations are for the law in England and Wales. The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
Link for ebook: The A to Z guide to legal phrases
Lawyers in Da Nang:
99 Nguyen Huu Tho, Quan Hai Chau, Da Nang city
Lawyers in Hue:
336 Phan Chu Trinh, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue
Lawyers in Phu Quoc:
65 Hung Vuong, Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc island district
Lawyers in Quang Ngai:
359 Nguyen Du, Quang Ngai City, Quang Ngai Province.
Website: www.fdvn.vn www.tuvanphapluatdanang.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Phone: 0935 643 666 - 0906 499 446
- TEN THINGS – WHAT SHOULD IN-HOUSE COUNSEL DO DURING TRIAL?
- Can civil servants obtain law practice certificate?
- How to obtain the license of domestic travel service?
- What is the punishment for act of selling personal information?
- Procedures for death declaration
- Is it possible to sing on the street for selling goods?
- What do an individual do to hold a press conference?
- TEN THINGS: SHOWING THE VALUE OF THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT
- TEN THINGS: DEALING WITH A PANDEMIC (YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS)
- What is the punishment for cheating in the exam?
- Can I let my friend borrow my health insurance card?
- Is it compulsory to have the name entered in the husband’s household registration book after getting married?
- Does a thief take criminal responsibility when the victim withdraws his complaint?
- Is it possible to mortgage assets many times to borrow money?
- Comparable Corpora and Computer-assisted Translation - Narendra Jussien
- Collaborative Translation: From the Renaissance to the Digital Age - Anthony Cordingley, Céline Frigau Manning