This book explores blockchain technology’s impact on banks, particularly how blockchain technology can create new opportunities for banks and poses new threats to their business. The digital revolution in the banking industry, whose customers are increasingly adapting to new technologies and new types of competitors and solutions arising in the space, has had a significant impact on the banking industry over the past few years, requiring banks to substantially rethink their business models and strategies in order to cope with these developments. The rise of blockchain’s distributed ledger technology (DLT) has also played an important role since it has the potential to change the whole banking industry in faster and more disruptive ways than ever before.
Born as the technology underlying Bitcoin, which has been used to allow the recording of cryptocurrencies transactions, blockchain can facilitate the process of recording any transaction type and track the movement of any asset, finding application in many different areas. Specifically, it has been acknowledged as a disruptive force in the financial sector and a key source of future financial market innovation with the potential to reshape existing business models in the financial services industry.
Regarding the banking industry in particular, existing literature suggests that blockchain poses new challenges and generates opportunities as well as threats. This is pushing banks to rethink their operations, business models and strategies. However, literature in this regard is still in its infancy, and we do not yet have a clear understanding of blockchain technology’s potential implications for banks. This book expands the literature on blockchain technology in banking by providing new insights into the developments, trends and challenges of blockchain in the banking industry. In particular, sheds more light on the implications of blockchain technology for banks by discussing the advantages and disadvantages related to this technology and exploring its potential impact on traditional banking business models.
- CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – DAVID CHAPPELL
- COMMON LAW, CIVIL LAW, AND COLONIAL LAW: ESSAYS IN COMPARATIVE LEGAL HISTORY FROM TWELFTH TO THE TWENTIETH CENTURIES – WILLIAM EVES, JOHN HUDSON, INGRID IVARSEN AND SARAH B. WHITE
- BASIC LEGAL WRITING FOR PARALEGALS – HOPE VINER SAMBORN AND ANDREA B.YELIN
- A SHORT & HAPPY GUIDE TO LEGAL WRITING – DEBORAH L. BORMAN
- The Art of Argument: A Guide to Mooting - Christopher Kee
- Game Theory - Drew Fudenberg, Jean Tirole
- Drafting (Legal Skills Series) - Elmer Doonan (Author), Julie Macfarlane (Author)
- UNIDROIT PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS 2016
- Model Clauses for the Use of the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts - Michael Joachim Bonell
- Legal Writing and Analysis - Michael D. Murray, Christy DeSanctis
- Implementating the Agreement on Trade - Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights in Vietnam - Thanh Thi KIEU
- Examples & Explanations for Intellectual Property 6th Edition - Stephen M. McJohn
- A TRADITIONAL WEDDING IN VIETNAM
- THE PEACEFUL HUE IN THE EARLY MORNING
- SOME OLD-TIME “LUXURY” ITEMS IN VIETNAM
- HOTLINE SUPPORTING FOREIGNERS IN DA NANG FACING DIFFICULTIES DUE TO THE COVID-19