Claims in construction contracts are on the increase. As more emphasis is put on time and money, many contracts get off to a bad start because of lack of pre-planning or just bad advice on the method of procurement of form of contract to be used. Both the initiator and recipient of claims are often partially responsible for claim situations escalating into expensive disputes. Many disputes can be avoided or settled amicably if the parties to them recognise the fundamental causes of claims and how they should be addressed.
This book confronts all of the difficult problems that arise in claims situations in the UK and internationally. Extensive reference to UK and international case law and a systematic approach to various types of claims assisted by helpful and explanatory diagrams makes this book second to none as a “trouble shooting” guide to presentation of, response to, and negotiation and settlement of claims.
In addition to the general principles of law and contract in the UK and internationally and how they relate to construction claims, there are a number of examples which are specific to a wide range of UK, international and foreign forms of contract.
The latest FIDIC international forms of contract and their problems are featured and some important pitfalls and comparisons with the Engineering and Construction Contract (NEC) add a new dimension to this edition.
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- LEGAL NEWSLETTER NO. 33 - 01/2021: The training of bachelor of laws and experiences from some countries around the world.
- PROCEDURE TO GET MARRIED TO A FOREIGNER
- VIRTUAL CURRENCY SCHEMES (OCTOBER 2012) - EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
- VIRTUAL CURRENCY SCHEMES: A FURTHER ANALYSIS (FEBRUARY 2015) - EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
- CRIMINAL LAW – JOHN M. SCHEB, AND JOHN M. SCHEB II
- THE HANDBOOK OF COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW – KEVIN JON HELLER AND MARKUS D. DUBBER
- CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMINAL JUSTICE: AN INTRODUCTION – NOEL CROSS
- CRIMINAL LAW: CASES AND MATERIALS – STEPHEN A. SALTZBURG, JOHN L. DIAMOND, AND KIT KINPORTS THOMAS, H.M
- THE PRINCIPLE OF LEGALLY IN INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW – KENNETH S. GALLANT
- What are documents that we need to provide to be compensated for the land recovered for road construction?
- CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE ANALYSIS AND ARGUMENT – STELLA COTTRELL
- Compensation for damages caused by a crime
- 20 BOOKS THAT WILL HELP YOU DEVELOP ARGUMENT SKILLS
- Is it possible to get married when the two families have been connexion?
- INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ARGUMENT IN THE PERMANENT COURT OF INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE: THE RISE OF THE INTERNATIONAL JUDICIARY – OLE SPIERMANN
- ELEMENTS OF ARGUMENT: A TEXT AND READER – ROTTENBERG, ANNETTE T, WINCHELL, AND DONNA HAISTY