My company has bought health insurance for employees who work directly or have exposured chemicals. If I am bought this insurance, do I have to pay personal income tax? Looking forward to your consultant.
Thank you for sending your questions to FDVN Law Firm (FDVN). For your consulting requirements, after studying the relevant laws, FDVN would like to give you the opinion as follows:
It is stipulated in Point dd.2 Clause 2 Article 2 of Circular No. 111/2013 / TT-BTC dated August 15, 2013, of the Ministry of Finance guiding on personal income taxable incomes that:
“dd) Other benefits in cash or not in cash apart from wages paid to the taxpayer by the employer in any shape or form:
dd.2) The life insurance premiums, other optional insurance premiums, contributions to the voluntary pension fund paid or made by the employer on the employee’s behalf.”
Besides, Clause 3, Article 11 of Circular No. 92/2015 / TT-BTC dated June 15, 2015, clearly states: “If the employer buys optional insurance without accrual of premiums for employees (including insurance of insurers that are not established under Vietnam’s law but permitted to sell insurance in Vietnam), such premiums shall not be included in the taxable income of employees.”
According to the above guidance, the health insurance that the employer buys for the employee is optional insurance without accrual of premiums for employees and it is not included in the taxable income of the employees.
The above opinion is FDVN’s opinion related to your request. Hopefully, it will be useful to you.
Hoàng Trần Ngọc Anh - FDVN Law Firm
- Can paternal grandparents ban the mother to pick up her child(ren) to visit maternal grandparents after the divorce?
- CASE LAW NO.30/2020/AL REGARDING ACTS OF INTENTIONALLY DRIVING A VEHICLE OVER THE VICTIM AFTER A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT OCCURS
- CASE LAW NO.29/2019/AL REGARDING PROPERTY APPROPRIATED IN “ROBBERY”
- CASE LAW NO.28/2019/AL ON THE CASE OF MANSLAUGHTER UNDER PROVOCATION
- CASE LAW NO.27/2019/AL ON THE CASE OF ACCEPTANCE AND SETTLEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE CASES RELATED TO REAL ESTATE MANAGED AND ARRANGED BY THE STATE IN THE COURSE OF IMPLEMENTING THE HOUSING MANAGEMENT POLICY AND SOCIALIST RENOVATION POLICY BEFORE JULY 1, 199
- CASE LAW NO.26/2018/AL REGARDING DETERMINATION OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE STATUTE OF LIMITATION AND STATUTE OF LIMITATION FOR REQUESTING FOR DIVISION OF THE ESTATE BEING REAL ESTATES
- CASE LAW NO.25/2018/AL IN RESPECT OF RELIEF FROM DEPOSIT PENALTY DUE TO OBJECTIVE CAUSES
- CASE LAW NO.24/2018/AL REGARDING INHERITANCE CONVERTED INTO ASSETS UNDER THE LAWFUL OWNERSHIP AND USE OF INDIVIDUALS
- CASE LAW NO.23/2018/AL REGARDING VALIDITY OF THE LIFE INSURANCE AGREEMENT WHEN THE INSURANCE BUYER FAILED TO PAY PREMIUM DUE TO THE FAULT OF THE INSURANCE ENTERPRISE
- CASE LAW NO.22/2018/AL REGARDING NOT BREACHING THE OBLIGATION ON INFORMATION DISCLOSURE IN LIFE INSURANCE POLICY
- IS IT ILLEGAL FOR HOMEOWNERS TO COLLECT ELECTRICITY FARE AT A HIGH PRICE?
- FIDIC RED BOOK: A COMMENTARY (CONTEMPORARY COMMERCIAL LAW) – BEN BEAUMONT
- ACCOUNTING FOR PROFIT FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT – KATY BARNETT
- NORMATIVITY IN LEGAL SOCIOLOGY: METHODOLOGICAL REFLECTIONS ON LAW REGULATION IN LATE MODERNITY - REZA BANAKAR
- WILL BUSINESS HOUSEHOLDS NOT CARRYING OUT THE PROCEDURES FOR TEMPORARY CLOSURE BE FINED?
- A HISTORY OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN 50 OBJECTS 2019 – CLAUDY OP DEN KAMP AND DAN HUNTER