Effective Lawyering takes a unique approach to legal writing and oral advocacy. Many excellent legal writing books exhaustively detail how to write effectively. Those books ― which are written primarily for first-year law students and are often several hundred pages long ― meticulously explain the dos and don'ts of effective advocacy and provide numerous exercises for students to complete. Effective Lawyering, which can serve as a useful supplement to these lengthy introductory texts, takes a different approach. The book assumes the reader has learned the basics of legal writing, and at most needs only to be reminded about them. The book also assumes that most practitioners (and, for that matter, law students) lack the time to read lengthy discussions of all the subtleties of legal method.
Effective Lawyering concisely describes useful, yet often neglected, writing techniques. The book has pithy discussions of:
(1) ways to avoid recurring, yet frequently overlooked, writing problems;
(2) sensible approaches to writing common legal documents (trial court and appellate briefs, memoranda, letter writing, and academic writing); and
(3) methods for preparing an oral argument.
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- DETERMINING THE CRIME: HARBORING PROSTITUTES AND BROKERING PROSTITUTES
- COLLECTION OF SOME INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ARTICLES ON: RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, CONTRACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF CONTRACTS ON HOUSE AND REAL ESTATE
- LEGAL CONSEQUENCE FOR CHILD KIDNAPPING
- ACERCA DE FDVN
- ВВЕДЕНИЕ О FDVN
- FDVN법률 회사 의 소개
- À PROPOS DE FDVN
- ÜBER FDVN
- SOBRE FDVN
- HOUSING AND HOUSING POLICY IN THE NORDIC COUNTRIES - MARTTI LUJANEN
- RETHINKING EU CONSUMER LAW (MARKETS AND THE LAW) - GERAINT HOWELLS, CHRISTIAN TWIGG-FLESNER, THOMAS WILHELMSSON
- BUDDHISM AND COMPARATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW - TOM GINSBURG, BENJAMIN SCHONTHAL
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: 2022 ASIAN LAW & SOCIETY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING
- HOW WILL THE FOOTBALL BETTING PARTICIPANT BE FINED?
- 25 BOOKS ON CONTRACT LAW