In a book brimming with legal puzzles, interesting anecdotes, and thought-provoking questions, Jay M. Feinman's clear introduction to the law provides us with a solid understanding of the American legal tradition and covers the main subjects taught in the first year of law school. Readers are introduced to every aspect of the legal system, from constitutional law and the litigation process to tort law, contract law, property law, and criminal law. Feinman illuminates each discussion with many intriguing, outrageous, and infamous cases, from the scalding coffee case that cost McDonald's half a million dollars, to the sensational murder trial in Victorian London that led to the legal definition of insanity, to the epochal decision in Marbury v. Madison that gave the Supreme Court the power to declare state and federal law unconstitutional. He broadens the reader's legal vocabulary, clarifying the meaning of everything from "due process" and "equal protection" in constitutional law to the distinction between "murder" and "manslaughter" in criminal law. Perhaps most important, we learn that though the law is voluminous and complex, it is accessible to all.
Everyone who wants a better grasp of current legal issues--from students contemplating law school, to journalists covering the legislature or the courts, to fans of Court TV--will find here a wonderful source of information: a complete, clear, and colorful map of the American legal system
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- DETERMINING THE CRIME: HARBORING PROSTITUTES AND BROKERING PROSTITUTES
- COLLECTION OF SOME INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ARTICLES ON: RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, CONTRACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF CONTRACTS ON HOUSE AND REAL ESTATE
- LEGAL CONSEQUENCE FOR CHILD KIDNAPPING
- ACERCA DE FDVN
- ВВЕДЕНИЕ О FDVN
- FDVN법률 회사 의 소개
- À PROPOS DE FDVN
- ÜBER FDVN
- SOBRE FDVN
- HOUSING AND HOUSING POLICY IN THE NORDIC COUNTRIES - MARTTI LUJANEN
- RETHINKING EU CONSUMER LAW (MARKETS AND THE LAW) - GERAINT HOWELLS, CHRISTIAN TWIGG-FLESNER, THOMAS WILHELMSSON
- BUDDHISM AND COMPARATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW - TOM GINSBURG, BENJAMIN SCHONTHAL
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: 2022 ASIAN LAW & SOCIETY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING
- HOW WILL THE FOOTBALL BETTING PARTICIPANT BE FINED?
- 25 BOOKS ON CONTRACT LAW