This unique publication offers a complete history of Roman law, from its early beginnings through to its resurgence in Europe where it was widely applied until the eighteenth century. Besides a detailed overview of the sources of Roman law, the book also includes sections on private and criminal law and procedure, with special attention given to those aspects of Roman law that have particular importance to today's lawyer.
The last three chapters of the book offer an overview of the history of Roman law from the early Middle Ages to modern times and illustrate the way in which Roman law furnished the basis of contemporary civil law systems. In this part, special attention is given to the factors that warranted the revival and subsequent reception of Roman law as the ‘common law’ of Continental Europe. Combining the perspectives of legal history with those of social and political history, the book can be profitably read by students and scholars, as well as by general readers with an interest in ancient and early European legal history.
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- LEGAL NEWSLETTER NO. 33 - 01/2021: The training of bachelor of laws and experiences from some countries around the world.
- PROCEDURE TO GET MARRIED TO A FOREIGNER
- VIRTUAL CURRENCY SCHEMES (OCTOBER 2012) - EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
- VIRTUAL CURRENCY SCHEMES: A FURTHER ANALYSIS (FEBRUARY 2015) - EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK
- CRIMINAL LAW – JOHN M. SCHEB, AND JOHN M. SCHEB II
- THE HANDBOOK OF COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW – KEVIN JON HELLER AND MARKUS D. DUBBER
- CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMINAL JUSTICE: AN INTRODUCTION – NOEL CROSS
- CRIMINAL LAW: CASES AND MATERIALS – STEPHEN A. SALTZBURG, JOHN L. DIAMOND, AND KIT KINPORTS THOMAS, H.M
- THE PRINCIPLE OF LEGALLY IN INTERNATIONAL AND COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW – KENNETH S. GALLANT
- What are documents that we need to provide to be compensated for the land recovered for road construction?
- CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE ANALYSIS AND ARGUMENT – STELLA COTTRELL
- Compensation for damages caused by a crime
- 20 BOOKS THAT WILL HELP YOU DEVELOP ARGUMENT SKILLS
- Is it possible to get married when the two families have been connexion?
- INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ARGUMENT IN THE PERMANENT COURT OF INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE: THE RISE OF THE INTERNATIONAL JUDICIARY – OLE SPIERMANN
- ELEMENTS OF ARGUMENT: A TEXT AND READER – ROTTENBERG, ANNETTE T, WINCHELL, AND DONNA HAISTY