The language used in law is changing. Many lawyers are now adopting a plain English style. But there are still legal phrases that baffle non-lawyers.
This guide is intended to help in two ways:
• it should help non-lawyers understand legal phrases; and
• it should give lawyers ideas for explaining the legal phrases that they use.The explanations in this guide are not intended to be straight alternatives.
Although we hope the explanations will prompt lawyers to make sure they only use legal jargon where strictly necessary, our wording is there to explain ideas and concepts rather than to give strict legal definitions. The terms and explanations are for the law in England and Wales. The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
Link for ebook: The A to Z guide to legal phrases
Lawyers in Da Nang:
99 Nguyen Huu Tho, Quan Hai Chau, Da Nang city
Lawyers in Hue:
336 Phan Chu Trinh, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue
Lawyers in Phu Quoc:
65 Hung Vuong, Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc island district
Lawyers in Quang Ngai:
359 Nguyen Du, Quang Ngai City, Quang Ngai Province.
Website: www.fdvn.vn www.tuvanphapluatdanang.com
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0935 643 666 - 0906 499 446
- LAW SCHOOL FOR EVERYONE: CORPORATE LAW – GEORGE S.GEIS AND THE GREAT COURSES
- THE CHINESE ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION: VIEWS FROM YOUNG ECONOMISTS – LIGANG SONG, YIXIAO ZHOU AND LUKE HURST
- LAW SCHOOL FOR EVERYONE: LEGISLATION AND REGULATION – PETER J. SMITH AND THE GREAT COURSES
- SAME-SEX FAMILIES AND LEGAL RECOGNITION IN EUROPE (EUROPEAN STUDIES OF POPULATION BOOK 24) – MARIE DIGOIX
- REGULATING CONTENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA: COPYRIGHT, TERMS OF SERVICE AND TECHNOLOGICAL FEATURES – CORIME TAN
- LAW SCHOOL FOR EVERYONE: CONTRACTS – DAVID HORTON
- PERCEPTIONS OF THE INDEPENDENCE OF JUDGES IN EUROPE: CONGRUENCE OF SOCIETY AND JUDICIARY – FRANS VAN DIJK
- MANAGING SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS: AN EXECUTIVE EDUCATION CASE AND TEXTBOOK – GILBERT G.LENSSEN AND N.CRAIG SMITH
- INTERNET JURISDICTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: LEGAL PRACTICES IN THE EU, US AND CHINA - FAYE FANGFEI WANG
- HUMAN RIGHTS IN CHILD PROTECTION – ASGEIR FALCH-ERIKSEN AND ELISABETH BACKE-HANSEN
- GLOBAL CORRUPTION: LAW, THEORY & PRACTICE – GERRY FERGUSON
- DOING BUSINESS 2020: COMPARING BUSINESS REGULATION IN 190 ECONOMIES – WORLD BANK GROUP
- INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT LAW: THE SOURCES OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS – TARCISIO GAZZINI AND ERIC BRABANDERE
- DISSESCTING THE CRIMINAL CORPSE: STAGING POST - EXECUTION PUNISHMENT IN EARLY MODERN ENGLAND – ELIZABETH T.HURREN
- DEBATING TRANSFORMATIONS OF NATIONAL CITIZENSHIP (IMISCOE RESEARCH SERIES) - BAUBÖCK
- TOP 5 MOST FANTASTIC FRUITS OF VIETNAM