This handbook explores criminal law systems from around the world, with the express aim of stimulating comparison and discussion. General principles of criminal liability receive prominent coverage in each essay—including discussions of rationales for punishment, the role and design of criminal codes, the general structure of criminal liability, accounts of mens rea, and the rights that criminal law is designed to protect—before the authors turn to more specific offenses like homicide, theft, sexual offenses, victimless crimes, and terrorism.
This key reference covers all of the world's major legal systems—common, civil, Asian, and Islamic law traditions—with essays on sixteen countries on six different continents. The introduction places each country within traditional distinctions among legal systems and explores noteworthy similarities and differences among the countries covered, providing an ideal entry into the fascinating range of criminal law systems in use the world over.
- LEGAL NEWSLETTER NO. 38 - 02/2021: Identification of sexual harassment at work from labor code 2019.
- WORKING WITH CONTRACTS: WHAT LAW SCHOOL DOESN'T TEACH YOU - CHARLES M. FOX
- Is reclaimed land entitled to ownership and construction?
- What to do when purchasing a land plot sold by auction for four years but have not been granted the certificate of land use rights?
- LEGAL NEWSLETTER NO. 34 - 01/2021: Some issues in the provisions of the law on child protection from violence.
- CASE LAW NO.52/2021/AL ON THE VALIDITY OF THE LAND USE RIGHTS DONATION CONTRACT WHEN THE LAND USE RIGHT HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED
- CASE LAW NO.51/2021/AL ON DETERMINING THE OWNERSHIP OF THE CAR PARKING AREA IN AN APARTMENT BUILDING
- CASE LAW NO.50/2021/AL REGARDING THE RIGHT TO INITIATE LAWSUIT TO RECLAIM PROPERTY ASSIGNED BY AN EFFECTIVE JUDGEMENT, DECISION
- CASE LAW NO.49/2021/AL ON DETERMINING ADMINISTRATIVE DECISIONS ISSUED UNAUTHORIZEDLY
- CASE LAW NO.48/2021/AL ON EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE TO REDUCE CRIMINAL LIABILITY OF "RETURNING ILLEGAL PROFITS"
- CASE LAW NO.47/2021/AL ON DETERMINATION OF CRIME IN CASE THE DEFENDANT USES A DANGEROUS WEAPON TO STAB THE VITAL AREA OF THE VICTIM'S BODY
- CASE LAW NO.46/2021/AL ON DETERMINING THE PUNISHMENT BRACKET OF
- COLLECTION OF 52 BILINGUAL CASE LAWS
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE LAMINATED REFERENCE GUIDE (QUICKSTUDY: ACADEMIC) – BARCHARTS INC
- LEGAL WRITING: QUICK STUDY LAMINATED REFERENCE GUIDE – BARCHARTS INC
- Conditions for recognition of land used in practice