More than almost any profession, the law has a deserved reputation for opaque, jargon-clogged writing. Yet forceful writing is one of the most potent weapons of legal advocacy. In this new edition of Writing to Win, Steven D. Stark, a former lecturer on law at Harvard Law School, who has inspired thousands of aspiring and practicing lawyers, applies the universal principles of powerful, vigorous prose to the job of making a legal case—and winning it.
Writing to Win focuses on the writing of lawyers, not judges, and includes dozens of examples of effective (and ineffective) real-life legal writing—as well as compelling models drawn from advertising, journalism, and fiction. It deals with the challenges lawyers face in writing, from organization to strengthening and editing prose; offers incisive ways of improving arguments; addresses litigation and technical writing in all its forms; and covers the writing attorneys must perform in their daily practice, from email memos to briefs and contracts. Each chapter opens with a succinct set of rules for easy reference.
With new sections on client communication and drafting affidavits, as well as updated material throughout, Writing to Win is the most practical and efficacious legal-writing manual available.
The contents of shared books and materials express the authors' point of view, not FDVN Lawyers'. We back up and store them for academic and non-commercial purposes. We object to using these books and materials for commercial purposes.
- DETERMINING THE CRIME: HARBORING PROSTITUTES AND BROKERING PROSTITUTES
- COLLECTION OF SOME INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ARTICLES ON: RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, CONTRACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF CONTRACTS ON HOUSE AND REAL ESTATE
- LEGAL CONSEQUENCE FOR CHILD KIDNAPPING
- ACERCA DE FDVN
- ВВЕДЕНИЕ О FDVN
- FDVN법률 회사 의 소개
- À PROPOS DE FDVN
- ÜBER FDVN
- SOBRE FDVN
- HOUSING AND HOUSING POLICY IN THE NORDIC COUNTRIES - MARTTI LUJANEN
- RETHINKING EU CONSUMER LAW (MARKETS AND THE LAW) - GERAINT HOWELLS, CHRISTIAN TWIGG-FLESNER, THOMAS WILHELMSSON
- BUDDHISM AND COMPARATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW - TOM GINSBURG, BENJAMIN SCHONTHAL
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: 2022 ASIAN LAW & SOCIETY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING
- HOW WILL THE FOOTBALL BETTING PARTICIPANT BE FINED?
- 25 BOOKS ON CONTRACT LAW